Wireless Temperature Sensor

Options
I have a wireless temp sensor that’s giving an incorrect reading. I put it next to another one I have and it’s reading 3 degrees higher. Even after leaving it for hours to settle. Does resetting the units correct it, or new batteries (batteries are showing as full in the units). Anything else you could suggest. Thanks

Comments

• macca4848
    Options
    Is there a difference between the reset by holding down the button until “Tado” comes back and the Factory Reset option in the engineer menu, which I can get to but not sure how I make it factory reset as pressing the button again doesn’t do anything.

I’ve now got 3 temp sensors all in the same place and reading 23 degrees (it’s not), 19 degrees, and 21.7 degrees. 🙄🤷‍♂️
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Do you have any Temperature Offset's set for each of your 3 devices
  • macca4848
    Options
    No temperature offset on any of then. Two have settled overnight are inline with each other. I still have one rogue one which is two degrees higher than the rest
  • Kestral1
    Options
    I've got the same problem. Did you solve it? I Bought some add on sensors but having real trouble setting them up.
  • Have a look at this system just released.

https://ambitemp.co.uk/index.html

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Just looked at the link above......

The site looks a little bit amateurish to me......(but it's better than I could produce).......however I did notice this basic spelling issue....

"ambi measures the ambient temperature within the room and automatically adjusts the "taco" system to achieve the desired room temperature you set."

tado = taco ????

• I have just purchased another 'Starter Kit V3+ Wireless Thermostat' This is because my first wireless Thermostat Sensor appears faulty, I was unable to move the arrows up or down maually. but it worked on my phone app fine.

I was in contact with tado and they said, they are unable to do anything their end and I needed to replace it.

My question is can I just get away with just changing the wirless sensor. And once I've scanned the QR code in the system and paired it, can I then delete the old one.

I would appreciate any help