Multi zone in a 3 storey town house

Options

Hi all, I have set up the Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ (replaced Danfoss TP9000), a Add-on Wired Smart Thermostat (replaced Danfoss TP5000) and a few Add-on Smart Radiator Thermostat installed on the radiators.

My home is a 3-storey townhouse with 2 heating zones. The TP9000 controls the water heating and the ground floor radiators while TP5000 controls the upper 2 floors.

After installing the Tado kits, the water heating and radiators work well, however, we discovered that all the radiators on all 3 floors would be on when the Wired Smart Thermostat (replaced TP5000) ask for heating for the top floor.

Besides, although I have set up some schedule to those Smart Radiator Thermostats, they wouldn't switch on unless the wired thermostat asks for heating.

Is there anyone can help with this? Thanks!

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

This sounds like a wiring issue or a room configuration issue.

A) please post pictures of your wiring setup.

B) In the tado app, how are your rooms configured? Are they assigned to a ‘zone controller’? or ‘ not assigned’ (independent)? The wireless receiver or wired thermostat should be the ‘zone controller’ for the relevant rooms.

• Adinx
    Adinx
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi Rex,
    I have a similar setup where the ground, first floor and hot water are in the same heating zone and the 2nd floor which is the master bedroom has 2 trvs and is a separate heating zone connected to the wired thermostat. By default, all the trvs and wired thermostat are all connected to one heating zone controlled by the wireless kit when you set it up. I got in contact with tado customer services to tell them to separate the heating zones and the trvs and wired thermostat on the second floor are their own heating zone controlled by the wired thermostat. I hope that makes sense. The issue is heating zones.

https://support.tado.com/en/articles/4689126-how-does-tado-control-heating-zones-how-can-i-change-the-zone-controller-of-a-room