2 zone system, no hot water, combi boiler

Options
First things first, i am amazed by the minimal amount of documentation that exists for the controllers!

Now, to my issue (which i have seen a lot of people posting but nobody wrote a clear solution).
I have a combi boiler so water is getting triggered automatically.
I have 2 zones that get triggered as simple relays.
I bought a wireless starting kit to control my UFH as the current position of the thermostat was not great.
I also bought a wired addon for my other zone.

I can confirm that both zones can work in the wireless mode by changing which wire is in the CH NO location.
Also, i set zone 1 to CH NO and zone 2 to HW NO.
If i said the wireless receiver to test mode, i can start Zone 1 by clicking the heating button and Zone 2 by clicking the hot water button.

However, i want to be able to control both zones by assigning one to the HW NO.
As i was reading from other topics, connecting the wired thermostat to HW NO can enable the 2 zones by just "asking for hot water" but actually will triggering zone 2.

What settings i have to pass to the wireless thermostat and the wire thermostat to achieve that behaviour?

PS. I try contacting support and they are all over the place. I hope that if you suggest a solution we can make it clear and post it here for others to follow.

Best Answer

• ChrisTaTa
    ChrisTaTa
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, found the solution....
    HW is always on (actually can be setup on timer to follow zone 2 activity) and the wired thermostat is set as a relay with settings R1, HC1, HW ON, EK OFF.

That allows the thermostat to control the HW port based on it getting triggered on temp changes and on the preset timing of the HW.