RF interference . . .

Options
hugbilly
hugbilly ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Last Friday we lost our broadband feed. It’s not yet clear whether the router or the line is at fault though I suspect the latter; OpenReach is sending an engineer to sort things out this morning.

During the outage we’ve been operating the TRVs and wireless temperature sensors manually which is a pain but has kept the house warm.

What is interesting to me however is that with the router switched off the link between the bridge and the wireless receiver has been absolutely 100% rock solid. Generally in any week I expect to see the slow “flash of doom” from the wireless receiver’s LEDs at least once but with the dual band router out of action it hasn’t happened at all. We have been operating a little 2.5 G “emergency” wi fi dongle but that seems to have no effect.

The bridge is over 2 metres away from the router and it’s only ever the receiver which loses its signal despite some of the TRVs being quite a distance away from the bridge.

I’ve never known the tado system to work so reliably but of course there’s no schedule or remote control.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of others . . .