Multiple radiators in one room

Options

Hi, Some of my rooms have two radiators. They already have dumb TRVs on them and I'm intending to get a limited number of smart TRVs for my house - with the intention of adding more as time goes on. What do you recommend as being the best approach for fitting smart TRVs where there are more than one radiator in a room? Do I need to fit a smart TRV to each, or would a smart TRV on one and a dumb TRV on the other be acceptable?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Probably better to fit a tado trv on both if you can, if you can’t it should still work to control the temp but may be less precise. It’s also worth considering fitting a wireless temp sensor as well in rooms with multiple radiators but that’s more money. Might be able to get a good deal on Black Friday though.
  • davidlyall
    Options

If you just want to fit TRVs then you can save a little bit by fitting on full smart TRV to one radiator and then tado basic TRVs to the others in the same room. Make sure the full one is the measuring device

Alternatively, fit basic tado TRVs to all rads and have a wireless temp sensor take care of the measurement