New Heat pump install Help!

Options
Ok. So I’m having a heat pump installed
Vaillant aroTHERM Plus 7kW Heat Pump
And hot water cylinder
Vaillant UniSTOR HP unvented cylinder 200L

The quote has just standard thermostat and things I believe. The house doesn’t currently have central heating so I’m wanting to install two zones. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. Upstairs zone will have just radiators in the bedrooms and underfloor heating in the bathroom with a towel rail. Downstairs zone will have a mixture of underfloor heating in the kitchen and hall and radiators in the living room.

I would like to have all the radiators have the smart trv’s but not sure if this is pointless with the two zones and having the heat pump run all the time.

Any input or ideas would be extremely useful. I just don’t know where to start as only came from a single zone with hive in my previous house.

Answers

• Underfloor areas usually have their own thermostat controlling a solenoid valve for that area. So you would have one for the hall, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. Then you would need a thermostat in the living room controlling a zone valve. Upstairs the bedrooms could be equipped with thermostatic valves, either smart or dumb ones. There would need to be an auto-bypass valve fitted between the flow and return so that if all zones and radiators were off this valve would open, short circuiting the house heating and returning hot water to the boiler, which would then switch off using its max temp setting. If all the radiator valves were smart then this bypass would not be needed as there would not be anything calling for heat and the boiler wouldn't fire.