I got a new phone and now my schedule wont work

Options
I have been told my Tado Extension kit is registered to an old account. My device and internet bridge to a different account. This now means my schedule on my app is not working. Heating is on when it should be off and vice versa. Its also heating up to well over the temperature i set.

I have been told this may be a configuration issue and i need to register the ext kit to my new account. I have no idea how to do this as i cant find any codes. Can anyone help?

Answers

• DavidJEdge
    Options

Afraid not. This one completely beat the Tado support person I put it to. Unable to answer my questions in either German or English. Make a fuss and escalate and please report back if that succeeds as I have the same problem.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    What's this got to do with your new phone??
  • DavidJEdge
    Options

In my case (and it's not to do with a new phone) while I can control the system logging into my account with my email and password, Tado says that my system isn't registered to my email address, it is registered to another secret email address that they won't divulge, so no support.

I'd have thought that by operating the valves here to their instructions plus supplying copies of my password and gas bill I would be able to regain access, but the guy wasn't having it

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options
    @DavidJEdge
    You're forgetting that tado is......
    "a law unto themselves" when it comes down to supporting their customers.....or should I say.....
    "not supporting them"
  • cuke2u
    Options

Can you not just delete your Tado account and re-register?

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Just as a bit of information.....I replaced my phone last week and it has not caused any problems.
  • DavidJEdge
    edited January 24
    Options

Delete and re-register: maybe. But a risky step for two pensioners in midwinter, especially given Tado's poor support reputation. I'll have a go in summer!

Change phone: the OP's problem was that they lost access to their email at the same time and thus control of their account. My problem is that my gear is accessible to my Tado setup via my email account, but Tado say it isn't and it's registered instead to some secret account that they won't divulge. In short, the problem is that Tado has no robust system of identity verification so that you can get support. Energy companies have responsibilities to old and sick people like us; Tado doesn't so we are vulnerable.

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

Can you access https://app.tado.com/ in a web browser? If so, does that let you control your heating?

• DavidJEdge
    Options

I can control my heating from app and browser. What I can't do is get any support because Tado says my kit isn't registered to my account and can't explain what they mean by that

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

@DavidJEdge : In the More - Account section of the web page, does this show your details?