Some radiators not turning off

Options
Afternoon everyone. I’ve fitted Tado valves to most of my radiators but have had problems with three of them (8 are working fine).

When I fit the Tado valves, they never manage to fully turn off the radiators. I’ve tried changing the temperature adjustment for them to see if I could fool the valve into closing completely, but that doesn’t work.

I think the problem is that the radiator valves themselves are faulty (I had to turn at least one of them down to almost off before it would close completely). Is that the likely problem? Or am I on the wrong track?

Is there a solution apart from replacing the radiator open/close valve?

Answers

• HCT
    Options
    Did you find an answer to this one? I've managed to set up all except one valve, after freeing the pin then recalibration. At the moment the non-working Tado valve is set to off but the room is 26⁰c. I've tried to free that pin and reset TRV twice but it is still not working.
  • TC2000
    Options
    I’m having the same issue, but the valves are new
  • Bridged
    Options
    I’m afraid I’m still having the same problem. Only with two radiators, but I have tried multiple Tado’s on both of them and none work. I assume it’s something wrong with the valve on the radiator, but am not inclined to go to the expense of replacing them.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

You can get a new TRV for about £10.....

• Bridged
    Options
    Rather than spending a tenner a radiator, I have them a squirt of oil. Worked a charm. Kicking myself I didn’t think of it earlier.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Sorry @Bridged......
    I assumed that you had already done that.....silly me 🤔