Different Wiring from the instructions

Options
Hey. I’m changing to Tado from a Danfoss TP9000 controller but the wiring is different from the diagram, extra earth wire (can work out where that goes) and then instead of the wires being in terminals 1,2,3 and 4 they’re in 3,4,5 and 6. How do I work out which wire should be which? Thank you

Best Answer

• Megalo
    Megalo
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    5 and 6 are for the Danfoss TP9000 remote sensor and not needed so cap them off, if you are controlling heating and water with tado control box then 3 and 4 are the wires you need, you will need 2 bridge wires from the main live to CH COM for heating and HW COM for hot water, the bridge wires come with the tado.

On the Danfoss TP9000
    No. 3 is Hot water On
    No. 4 is Central Heating On

The tado should be wired up as follows assuming it's the wireless controller box you are installing.

Connect Neutral and Live to the tado controller use a bridge wire to bridge the live to CH COM and then bridge from CH COM to HW ON with another link wire the tado instructions show you how this looks and what to do, this will give you the live on both Hot water and Central heating.

Put wire number 3 from Danfoss TP9000 into the one labeled HW ON on the tado controller and number 4 from the Danfoss TP9000 into CH ON on the Tado Controller and that's it double check the wiring and turn the system back on and then get the controller box linked with the bridge and link your phone tablet or web app and job done.

Answers

• Amazing. Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed
  • Megalo
    Options
    There is spelling mistake on my reply where I refer to bridging the Live wire going to (CH COM to HW ON) it should read Live to CH COM then to HW COM