Tado heating

Options
Hi all,

I've had the tado system for some time now and all works fine but I have a couple of questions and I hope someone has an answer for me.

1. When I set heating to 25 degrees the heating never turns off once target has been reached and room heats up to way past the 25 degrees whereas if I only set heating to 19 degrees in the tado app, the heating does stop when the target temp has been achieved, how can I remedy this please?

2. I would like to ideally go low and slow throughout my whole house on around 16/17 degrees but the system doesn't even turn on the heating in room 1 for example if I haven't set the temp to 19 degrees as a minimum, is it possible to manually override or anything just so I can set the heating in the house to be low and slow throughout the day rather then calling for large amounts in certain periods?

Thanks

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options
    1. Not sure on that. You should probably contact Tado support
    2. You can set the schedule however you like or manually override to whatever temp you want.
  • Megalo
    Megalo
    edited November 2023
    Options
    25.c is the maximum controllable temp tado will take your home to, setting it to 25 from what I've worked out puts it into always on mode, it works in the same way as boost as when you boost it will set the temp to maximum 25 even if your home was over 25 you could still boost it further so yea 25.c is always on mode, if you set it to 24 it will shut down.

2. So room 1 is running warmer than the rest of the house? In which case the heating won't turn on if your room temp is higher than 16 or 17 you could either leave a door open slightly to let the room run cooler or turn that room off completely by dragging your room 1 temp slider down to off or if you have a trv fitted on a radiator set the temp lower.
    To achieve the 16 17 temp you want take a reading from a thermostat in another room preferably one that's central in your home that is cooler.