2 nd Receiver and Thermostat

Options
Hi Guys. I have a starter kit operating my house radiators and hot water with the thermostat sat on the middle floor of a three story house. How ever on the ground the floor I have underfloor heating which is currently controlled on a wireless honeywell system. I would like to get another Tado kit and control the underfloor with that for completeness more than anything and I do understand I can only have one kit installed on each home. What I'd like to know is that it would be very useful to be able to turn the water on from downstairs using the thermostat down there, if I connect the hot water control wire from the 2nd controller with the first controller wire, a will it work and b is it going to cause any problems?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Not quite sure what you’re asking but just to clarify you can only have one bridge and wireless receiver/extension kit per system. A starter kit is just what Tado calls the bundle of devices it sells, it’s not a specific device.
  • JezzaK
    Options
    Hi Johnnyp78. Thanks for your reply. Yes fully understand what you are saying. What I'm asking is, if I get another wireless controller, thermostat and bridge to operate my under floor heating, parallel up the hot water control wire from the 2nd controller so I can use the hot water on and off from the 2nd thermostat would it work? Or am I going to damage something?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    You can only have one bridge and wireless receiver per system so I don’t see how this would work. You could install an entirely separate system but you’d need to log in and log out as tado doesn’t support multiple accounts.
  • JezzaK
    Options
    OK let's ignore Tado Home and or rhe Tado App and just say I have 2 x stand alone Tado systems 1 x controls my radiator heating plus hot water and 1 x controls my under floor heating, in my wiring centre can I parallel the two hot water control wires so I can turn the hot water on from either thermostat?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t think that would be a problem but I’m not an electrician so might be worth getting some professional advice.