Boiler wireless receiver problem

Options
Context and problem:
- we got a new Internet provider
- everything re-connected, except the boiler wireless receiver was not responding to any of the thermostats
- after a lot of resets etc, I turned the boiler off at the electric, and then turned it back on, and pressed the connection button for 5 secs
- the result was that the hot water button has disappeared from the app, and the receiver looks like this...
- so now the wireless receiver is still not working
- and the hot water icon is missing from the app
Any suggestions?

Answers

• There isn't a picture attached to your post, but on the wireless receiver, if you press and hold the "central heating" and "hot water" buttons together for 5 seconds it puts it into a mode where you can select the type of system as:

Green light = Y-plan (heat & hot water)

Yellow light = Combi (no hot water)

Blue light = Gravity - not sure of this one!

But if you've accidentally moved it from "Y-plan" to "combi" it removed "hot water" from the app.

As for the internet bridge, it should just plug into the ethernet port (LAN1, LAN2 etc on the new router) but perhaps check it's not in WAN1 or some other port like PC or TEL depending on what the new router has. There's an article on changing the router here: https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3684044-i-have-a-new-router-modem-how-do-i-connect-it-to-tado

• gpoulton
    gpoulton
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Amazing. That did the trick!

Confirming the issue I had was that I had inadvertently changed it from GREEN to YELLOW. Switched it back as you suggested and now the icon is back in my app.

Thank you Penarthhywel.
  • gpoulton
    Options
    And then to complete the thread. The issue that the wireless receiver was not responding to any of the SMART thermostats, either on the wall or in the individual radiators, well they resolved themselves es over the course of the following week. For a guess probably there was a lag in the flow of information from my thermostats -> to the tado App -> to my boiler wireless receiver.
  • wateroakley
    Options

Which isp and router? before and after? Please.