Low battery alert

Options
Hi all. I have smart TRV in the guest room, which I use quite rare, let’s say I heat it up every 2-3 weeks. Every time I just change the temperature in this room, after a few minutes comes an alert about low battery. In some rooms I use TRV more often battery lasts for weeks/months. In this room, this specific TRV drains the battery (or just informing me about low battery) every time I want to heat up the room.

I’m in touch with tado but maybe any of you had similar problem

Comments

• davidlyall
    Options
    Is the room very cold each time you start the heating? If so, the batteries may just be struggling to provide enough power until they're warmer

Or does this also happen when the room is warm and you're turning the heating back down?
  • I have the same problem. Random "low battery" warnings from one thermostat, only 2 weeks old. Two years Tado say, two weeks seems to be the extremely poor truth.

• wateroakley
    Options

Random ‘low battery’ messages are not uncommon in the early days. Could be an iffy battery or the TRV. We had one TRV (of 24) that ate batteries every 2 weeks. Despite swapping to rechargeable batteries, the TRV has died after 15 months, RIP. Others, after 22 months, we have not replaced any batteries. I’d recommend that you report a faulty device asap and seek a replacement from your supplier.