Replacing both Drayton SCR Honeywell 2 channel programmer

Options

My old system has both a Drayton SCR and wireless Digistat+RF and a Honeywell 2 channel programmer, both of these are wired into a junction box which then goes to the boiler. I am not an expert but I assume BOTH the Drayton and the programmer need to be calling for on for the boiler to fire?

I decided to replace the Honeywell controller with the Tado Controller, so the Tado is now wired into the Junction box along with the Drayton. I've just left the Drayton on full to the Tado is now controlling everythign but this doesnt seem like the ideal solution so I would like to remove the Drayton from the system. Can I just remove it like this and have the tado still work or do I need to rewire the junctionbox?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    It’s impossible to say from that photo. My guess is that if you can remove the Drayton wiring and leave everything else wired in, you should be ok, but without a circuit diagram it’s a stab in the dark. The easiest thing to do would be to leave the Drayton set to always on, assuming the tado is then controlling calls for heat.