My newly installed system dropped off last week, and I can’t get the Bridge to reconnect.

Options

I set it all up last Tuesday and everything worked immediately. The internet connection took a matter of seconds. Everything was fine for about 30 hours, then the Bridge connection was lost.

Despite attempting everything that Tado suggest, nothing. I’ve even bought a TP-Link switch to realign with 10/100 Mbps. Their response to my questions have, at best, been slow, but they’ve decided to send me a replacement Internet Bridge. Is it going to work??

Meanwhile my Bridge just sits there with the pairing light continually flashing!

I have a BT Smart Hub 2 with fibre. Has anyone got any further suggestions as how I might get this to work reliably?

Thanks,

John.

Answers

• briand
    briand
    edited April 23
    Options

May I suggest you move the Internet Bridge (IB) closer to your thermostats. I assume you have the ethernet cable (of the Internet Bride) plugged into the router. Then it should work - the range of the wireless connections is not the greatest (maybe 15m), so it is best to place the IB in the centre of the home space - the challenge is that the ethernet cable to connect the IB becomes is short.

Even so, my IB has dropped the connections and just flashes - I then unplug it several times and press the pairing button again. Nowhere are my therm controllers further than 15m.

You do not need a TP-Link bridge in the equation, I have 1Gb Virgin - no problem