New house with Tado installed

Options
Moved into property with Tado - previous owner not helped other than to say download app is easy. Downloaded app. Is Valiant boiler linked to cylinder in cupboard and tank in loft. Equipment I appear to have is Tado thermostat on wall in entrance, tado bridge that I have installed into router in entrance (very short wire so not sure how to get it further away from router as guidance says) a wireless receiver installed under the boiler in the kitchen from which we are currently using manually to switch CH/Water on and off - can’t see receiver on app devices only hot water one and it won’t pair when try - should it? Any articles I’ve read indicate all should be ok but how do I control heating on app if won’t pair? Another post said I need an Ethernet extender for the bridge ? No tado radiator valves so assume just set to number and tado when working will heat to that temp? Any articles/help appreciated as can’t keep manually operating it - Thankyou in advance of any help - not sure where I’m going wrong!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Have you created your own account with Tado and then added the devices on the app? The previous owner should have given you a card with all the qr codes for the devices on it, otherwise you can scan the qr codes on the devices themselves. That should be your first step before trying to pair anything. The bridge should be fine plugged into the router.
  • NewTado1
    Options
    Ah ok - he hasn’t. I have downloaded app and wireless receiver and bridge have QRs - receiver one goes nowhere so stuck - do I also need for the thermostat on wall then? Thx for help
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Yup, you need a qr code for every device so it can be registered. You might be able to do it by typing in the serial number if you can’t find the qr code.
  • hugbilly
    Options

Not sure the last comment is entirely correct, I have installed TRVs bought on eBay which didn't have a QR by activating pairing. Perhaps that's not possible with the Wireless Receiver, not sure. NB, to the original poster, any ethernet cable can be used with the bridge so it's easy to isolate it from the router . . .

• johnnyp78
    Options
    When I installed everything I remember it asking for a qr code so good to know it’s not always needed. Might be the same for the wireless receiver too in that case.
  • hugbilly
    Options
    I think the QR code just brings up the appropriate instructions for the device. When I had installed a couple of my original TRVs I remember thinking “I know how to do that now, I won’t bother scanning a code each time.”
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Just as an fyi each device has a permanent qr code if the sticker has been removed - I’m pretty certain that it’s needed for most devices for the initial set up https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3405457-where-can-i-find-the-serial-number-and-qr-code-of-my-tado-devices
  • davidlyall
    Options

Isn't the easiest option for the old owner to add your email to their account then once done, you can remove theirs? That way the system is all set up already?

• NewTado1
    Options
    Thx all - issue is previous owner not responding to queries so bit frustrating :( I’ll keep trying and come back to this thread if no luck appreciate all yr help
  • davidlyall
    Options

Perhaps a chat with your solicitor. The previous owner can't leave you with a non-functioning heating system.

Appreciate that it will work once you get set up but a little help on their side would make the whole thing go more smoothly

• NewTado1
    NewTado1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Agree ! Problem with that is got complaint in with solicitor for mandating a mining indemnity insurance policy at 3 times the premium when wasn’t required - but refusing to complete sale without it - survey came back pass and ‘observation’ but always shows up as we live in Yorkshire where the whole housing collateral is potential mining land 🙄 miss selling at its best ! So you can see my predicament 🙈🤯