Is it possible to have a wireless thermostat control a 'wired smart thermostat' ?

Options

I have a setup with a wired thermostat controlling my underfloor hydronic heat system. It works OK.

But I have to put this thermostat in a small box with valve, manifold etc. - so that the temperature it measures is not the room temperature. That is why I want to have a wireless thermostat read the room temperature, and then let the wired thermostat take action on temperature reading from the wireless.

When I let the rooms reading temperature device be the wireless thermostat, it seems that the wired thermostat stops action on firing up the heating.

Is this the way the wireless - wired thermostats should act?

HPNielsen

Answers

• This is an interesting question and I am disappointed that no-one has answered it. If I understand it correctly what you need is a 'wired' device which acts as a 'slave' to your wireless thermostat without making any decisions based on the temperature of the location where it is installed (i.e. in a box buried in the wall or under the floor).

Would a Tado wireless receiver do the trick? https://uk.shop.tado.com/products/add-on-wireless-receiver-eu-version