Tado Alexa manual control command not working as expected.

Options

Hi,

Recently installed Tado and set everything up with Alexa. The documentation says that if I issue the command "Turn off manual control in the (room name)" it should revert to the smart schedule. Instead it simply turns that zone off completely.

Is this a bug in the skill? Seems likely that's the case.

Doc ref: https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3387335-what-voice-commands-and-languages-are-available-for-amazon-alexa

Cheers.

-Iain.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    It's not a bug.....you need to check how you have set up the "Manual Control of the tado room" in the tado App..... Tado "sees" an Alexa Voice Command as a "Manual Change"
  • As far as I can tell, everything is set correctly.

I'm referring to the section in the document linked above that quotes:

"To activate a scene with a voice command, you’ll have to combine the name of the scene with the name of the room in the same command. For example, to deactivate manual control and switch back to the smart schedule you’ll have to say "Alexa, turn off Manual Control Living Room"."

This isn't behaving as expected.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    My Alexa voice activated commands automatically return to the Tado schedule because I have set the "Manual Control" for the tado room to "Resume Schedule" after a specified time.
    This works every time... no problem.
    I use Alexa on my tado devices every day and have done for 3 years