Smart radiator valves not heating in a 2 zone S plan

Options
cclr
cclr
edited December 2023 in General Questions & Topics
This may be a long post, so apologies in advance.

My heating circuit is an S Plan with 2 heating zones (upstairs and downstairs). I have these controlled individually via radio wired smart thermostats.

Equipment wise I currently have:
- 1x Wireless receiver
- 2x Wired smart thermostats
- 2x motorised valves, controlled by the smarty thermostats.

What I'm now trying to do is break this up into separate rooms using the smart radiator valves (SRVs). However, anything I've tried so far has not allowed me to control the room heating independently.

Setting the SRVs to use the wireless receiver as the zone controller will turn on the boiler but not the motorised valve needed to circulate hot water in that zone.

Setting the SRV to use the wired thermostat will turn on the motorised valve but not the boiler.

My issue is that tado support have told me I need to remove the wireless receiver and reinstall my old programmer and/ or have the thermostats wired to turn on the boiler directly. The wireless receiver is directly connected to the boiler, so I'm hoping there's some configuration that doesn't involve rewiring everything.

The existing setup with just the thermostats is working properly. I can kinda control the room with the SRVs separately but to heat it, I need to also turn on the thermostat. I feel there should be a software solution to this somehow, not sure if there's a gap that prevents the devices talking to each other that way I'm intending to.

Any ideas appreciated