How Do I Associate Remote Wireless Thermostat With Specific TRV In Room?

Options

Thank you for answers to my previous question. They were enough for me to start to invest in Tado and I have bought and installed a starter kit consisting of one router dongle and a TRV and also a wireless remote thermostat to hopefully control just that TRV to test it out before going the whole hog with all the bedrooms!

So what I am trying to achieve is a TRV in a bedroom with the temperature being measured in that bedroom by the remote wireless thermostat and the thermostat controlling that TRV. The wireless thermostat will have no control over the boiler, it will just control the TRV. That is the plan.

I have successfully installed the TRV and thermostat. Great! They are both paired to my router and both show up in the Tado app. The app is connecting just fine as I can adjust the temperature settings remotely. So far, so good.

However, I cannot find any way of associating the remote wireless thermostat with the specific TRV to tell the TRV that it is not to measure the room temperature, that is the job of the wireless remote thermostat and it will be this thermostat that instructs the TRV to open or close.

But then after some scrabbling around I found this screen

Then this screen that showed the "measuring device" as the remote wireless themsostat.

Well if that has worked then I think that is just brilliant. So brilliant that I want to know if it has actually worked that out? And that is because I have specified that the thermostat and TRV are in bedroom 5, it assumes that they are automatically associated and has defaulted the measuring device to be the thermostat and most importantly, the thermostat instructs the TRV to open and close, the TRV does not decide for itself.

Can anyone tell me if I am correct or otherwise please?

Many thanks

Geoff

Comments