Bit of a long rant but tado is floored at a very basic level!

Options
How many posts does there need to be on this topic?
I have a very simple Tado setup, a single room using one wireless temperature sensor to control the whole heating system, internet bridge (fully connected) & wireless controller (wired exactly correctly) and for as long as I have had Tado installed I've had the same problem!
The problem is basically this, I'll set room temp to whatever, lets use 21C for example and if the room temp is below this setting, more often than not theres no call from tado for heat, at the same time if the room temp is over the set temp my boiler fires up (I assume because tado has made a called for heat?) and the room temp rises until I manually switch it off.
Tado support have told me its a boiler issue (it's not!). I know this because you can work backwards through the system from the boiler, using service mode on my boiler controls the boiler perfectly and heats (my very well balanced) radiators evenly as they should so its not a problem at the boiler then. Using the overide (or whatever it's called) on the wireless controller also makes the call for heat from the boiler exactly as expected and the boiler again fires up and works perfectly, I can reasonably assume that means tado is connected and wired correctly to the boiler, so far so good. Next along the line is the internet bridge, the lights on the bridge suggest that's connected correct & my app is telling me all devices are connected and functioning as they should (except they're not) including the temperature sensor (with its new battery) I can again assume that means there's no issues between the devices or their connections.
Right?
Wrong!!!
Like thousands of others in this community I started with tado support, think we all know what "support" was supplied!! Turns out any problem with tado is everybody else's fault except tado, it's as good as perfect... apparently??? IT'S NOT!! Next step, try solving the issues myself so I've thrown myself knee deep in to the community, scouring page, after page, after page for a solution.., without joy!! I've lost countless hours/days trying sooooo many troubleshooting fixes, theories, setting changes and every other suggestion to get to the bottom of why Tado is just not fit for purpose!
Until today... today I've noticed a bit of a game changer that tells me there's a fundamental problem with the very basics of tado as a product!
I've inserted a screenshot of my graph from earlier today.
Here goes...
Temp in the room when this process began was 20.8C, confirmed via tado temp sensor & an another external thermometer with both saying the same temp I can assume it's correct.
I've used the boost heating button in the app, setting the desired temp up to 25C, as expected tado made the call for heat and my boiler fired up (50% power despite 3 bars showing 100% call for full heat in app?)
Heres where the problem begins and the reason I have decided there is absolutely no solution available to "fix" or "troubleshoot" tado because the problem is beyond reasonable thought!!
The actual temp in my room (confirmed by two different devices) physically dropped 0.2C down to 20.6C yet my graph clearly shows the call to heat and clearly shows the temp sensor (another assumption but that measures the temp for the system does it not?) has recorded an increase in room temp?? The line is definitely pointing upwards!!
Now the app and the display on the sensor are showing a drop in room temp both displaying room temp is 20.6C this drop is also confirmed via the external independent thermometer which also show 0.2C drop in the room, so why does the graph show a definite rise in temp??? What's that about then??
Where exactly is that information coming from then?
Its not coming from temp sensor or the app because they both seem in sync, its not coming from weather prediction because all my settings (early start and open window etc) are off and I've used boost heating with a 100% (3 bars/wavy lines) call for heat from the boiler?
So what information supports the graph? Who knows? The fact there is an additional information input from whatever source somewhere, wherever it comes from is the very reason tado doesn't respond to temp sensor or app requests. Floored from the base up!!
It doesn't matter what or how you position devices or how many thermostats are on your system or anything, it's VERY clear tado in it's entirety is not doing anything you think it should and worse still is not doing anything tado claim it will!!
My conclusion...
TADO IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!
I WILL BE SWAPPING IT OUT OF MY HOUSE IN 2024!
That's my smart heating!!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Are you saying the radiators were heating but the room temperature was dropping? I’ve always found the graph reflects the room temperature on my system but I’ve never paid too much attention to it. Sorry Tado isn’t working out for you, sounds like you’d be better off with a different system.
  • davidlyall
    Options

I'm not doubting your experience but I think it's worth pointing out that there's many happy Tado owners out there with a system doing exactly as they expect (including me). What you see on this forum is a very small % of users with particular issues that don't hit the majority

Sorry it's not working out for you and good luck with whatever system you choose as the replacement