Installation Issue - Danfoss fp715si

Options
Help needed please :) V3+ With water control

Hi folks,

Hopefully some wise old sage on here can help me out! :) I’m a total beginner and in fairness probably should have gotten a professional - but the dreaded YouTube convinced me to give it a try.

Old kit

Danfoss fp715si programmer
Danfoss RMT230 wired Thermostat

Pump fed (apparently, I’m just going by the switches on the back of the old programmer)

I installed the receiver without much hiccup, the instructions all made sense. Only thing I don’t recall seeing in them was a mention of the earth- so I popped that in “Parking 2”.

I then tackled the thermostat- which is where the first bit of confusion came in.

As you can see in the picture there was 3 cables (brown,blue and green/yellow) - the blue one already had an old wago on.

Brown was in 1, Yellow/Green was in 2

Followed the instructions and bridged brown and yellow/green. I replaced the wago on then blue cable with the new one from tado - probably didn’t have to

So that was it I had hoped - I powered everything back on - nothing exploded. The tado receiver worked through the app, the thermostat connected to the bridge.

But the heating never came on when set, the tado receiver would light up, but the boiler wouldn’t fire.

I spoke with tado support, a helpful chap called Sven. He said the wiring looks ok.

He had me try a “Wireless receiver bypass” when had me remove the cable from CH NO and put it in L, removing the purple cable they provide

As expected the heating comes on and can be controlled manually (turning the boiler on and off)

He has said he will pass my ticket to the responsible team who will get back to me on email which is fine

But I’m hoping someone on here can provide some guidance in the meantime?

Thanks in Advance

Sorry if I’ve missed any info, I’ll happily add anything I know

Comments

• hugbilly
    Options
    If you have a test meter you could try putting it between N and CH NO when the receiver thinks it’s calling for heat to see if power is actually being sent to that terminal . . .