Thermostat Overswing

Options

I have recently installed a wired thermostat to work in relay mode, but it doesn't switch off at the set temperature, but 1º above. Not a huge issue, but it's not working as described, so I've had to set the threshold lower.

Is there a way to make the thermostat switch at the temperature it was set at?

I've looked at the temperature offset and this isn't the same issue.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tado isn’t an on/off thermostat. It will be switching off at a higher temperature based on how quickly the temperature in your room drops in order to try to maintain the set point temp.
  • Tado very much is, an on/off thermostat, or more importantly can be.

The setup instructions and video implied that the thermostat is configured by default as a switching relay in thermostat mode, but mine was set as a zone controller and was fighting all of the other zones when calling for heat at different times.

I had to ask Tado for help in resetting the 'stat, as it wasn't possible in the app.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

I'm not sure that you have discovered the more unusual ways in which tado "appears" to work......time will help to reveal tado's operational quirks. @johnnyp78 is a very experienced and knowledgeable user.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Still_on_coal no, even in switched relay mode tado isn’t an on/off thermostat. It uses pseudo modulation to try to maintain the target temperature. It won’t always switch off the boiler at target temperature if the room is cooling quickly or switch on below it if it detects the ambient temperature is rising.
  • As per my second post, the stat had to be reconfigured by Tado remotely, it now works as described.