setting the timer from abroad

Options
Hello. I’m going abroad for a few weeks where I will be 12 hours ahead of the UK.

For the first week there will be a contractor working in my home, so I want to keep the heating as set.

After this period I want to reduce both heating and hot water.

Question: will the changes I wish to make relate to the UK clock or will they take my iPhone clock which will be 12 hours out? OR, do I set my iPhone to UK time, make the changes and then change back to my local clock timing.

Sorry for the weird question but I don’t want heating to come on during the day and not at night when it’s colder in the UK. Heating temperatures will be enough to prevent frost to pipes etc.

Many thanks

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’m not 100% certain but there should be no reason why moving your iPhone should affect the schedule times. You’ve set your home location in the app and the schedule times come from Tado’s servers, not the iPhone.

Answers

• Arthur2Sheds
    Options

@johnnyp78 Many thanks for your swift response.

I definately wasn't sure which time control would be responsible as I've never had to change it mid-holiday, and didn't want to screw things up at home in my absence. Now I can leave the heating on for the contrctor and then reduce temperatures throughout accordingly when he's finished.

Your assistance much appreciated.

Regards

Bob