Schedule not always starting heating but manual request works

Options

So a bit of background first. System has been in for just over a year. It has been mostly reliable after using a powerline adaptor to reposition the bridge. I have 9 zones with smart rad valves. Two zones have more than one rad valve so use a wireless temp sensor in those areas to call for heat. No settings have changed and I don't use geofencing.

The problem I'm having recently is that when the schedule calls for heat the boiler doesn't always fire up. The tile in the app might show the room at 17 degrees for example and say Set to 21 degrees. The bridge has all 3 lights on and the wireless receiver shows 2 steady lights. no errors show on the app but if I manually change the 21 degrees to 22 the zone fires up the boiler. I can then hit resume schedule and everything works well. It will always switch off at the end of the schedule so no issues there. To confuse things even further I have 3 rooms that aren't really used so come on for 1 hour at 4pm. Today the heating was on in other rooms but only 2 of the 3 rooms started to warm up at 4pm. I manually adjusted that room and it then started to heat.

All the batteries look okay. I've reset the the router and switched the bridge and receiver off on back on. Nothing seems to help. Very frustrating as it seems to have no logic which makes solving the issue very difficult.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers

• henstep
    Options

Guessing I should have checked the other post from earlier. At least it seems I'm not alone.

To confirm I have switched everything including the bridge off and on.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Possibly a fault created following the last update from tado......this sort of thing used to be a regular occurance.....but hasn't been so bad for a while.... I thought they'd sorted their life out.....seems like I was wrong.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that as said 'tis likely tado introduced a new fault! Number of recent occurrences here where schedule carried on after time and others where had to be manually started.

At least it shows they are doing something - quite surprising really!

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Yes I suppose it does.....not exactly a display of skill on Tado's part tho' is it
  • henstep
    Options
    Well mine was okay this morning. Not sure if that means something has changed or not. Would have thought Tado wouldn't do anything until the working week starts.
  • BBBD
    Options
    Glad I popped on here and read this. I’ve been having the same issue off and on over the past week. This morning included. Did you say there was another thread for this? What’s the link?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Options

Well I reset the Bridge this morning to see if that helped and now I can't pair despite numerous attempts. Waiting for Support!!! Now sorted - Support were spot on!

• GrayDav4276
    Options

I'm beginning to feel like tado have "left the building"........

• RedRob3
    Options
    I'm having this problem too. The system has worked really well for the past 20 months or so. Recently, however, certain rooms will not always turn on in accordance with their respective schedules. My problems have only started since the last scheduled maintenance was carried out. This may be a coincidence, but it would be interesting to hear what others have to say on the matter.
  • henstep
    Options
    Seems very random. Today mine has worked perfectly. Yesterday 2 of the 9 zones didn't switch on until I manually requested a change. Both zones were for rooms I don't use so only heat for a short period. Both due on at 4pm but didn't start. Everything switched off as planned.

To confirm nothing has changed in several months. Bridge in kitchen away from the router. Everything powered off and back on but didn't help yesterday. Will see what tomorrow brings.
  • cuke2u
    Options

Our schedule in the bedroom is now coming on but has decided to turn on 5 mins after the schedule was set, very random...

• BBBD
    Options
    Any update on this? I had the problem again this morning.
  • henstep
    Options
    I haven't had the issue since the 16th of January. Happened every day for 3 or 4 days prior to that. I assumed Tado corrected something but maybe not if you're still having issues.
  • BBBD
    BBBD
    edited February 29
    Options
    Yep. Literally just happened again this morning. I checked the router and the bridge and both were fine.