Help! Wireless start kit v3+ installation

Options
Please help! So sorry if this is silly but I am very confused and unsure if I have bought the wrong kit.

I have a Worcester Greenstar CDi classic boiler and Digistat Optimiser and have bought the Tado wireless start kit with radiator valves.

I have someone coming to fit for me but was looking through the box beforehand and noticed the wireless receiver has an EU plug attached.

I have seen photos of others and their receivers don’t look like they are plugged into an electrical socket. My question is, is this power supply required and will I need to get a UK plug/wire to replace this EU plug? Or will my boiler power the receiver?

Please help, very confused!

Thank you!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Uk boilers usually have a fused spur to power the receiver. If for whatever reason you want to plug it into a separate socket just put a uk plug on it.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not particularly familiar with the wiring regs, but I suspect there might be a requirement for the boiler and the wireless receiver (which in UK mode provides a switched live to the boiler) to be on the same circuit (MCB / fuse.)

May be quite wrong on this of course

• cuke2u
    Options

As far as I understand it the receiver is powered from the boiler wiring and should not have a plug attached to it. That's how my UK version came.

It looks as if you may have the kit for a different country, where did you purchase it from as I'd talk to them directly.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The eu version of the wireless receiver, sold here, comes with an eu plug.