Can I add the Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat to my existing Tado Smart Radiator set-up

Options

I paired the new wireless thermostat to my existing Tado internet bridge OK, installed the wireless receiver which I presume paired to the wireless thermostat as the pairing indicator on it was lit. But the new thermostat won't control the boiler. It will switch on but not off. Am I supposed to use the internet bridge supplied in the kit separatley or pair it with my existing Smart radiator thermostats bridge.

Best Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can only have one internet bridge . . .

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the support tab on this app, there are instructions for putting all tado devices into pairing mode. I would try putting the bridge much closer than that to the wireless receiver and see if that makes a difference.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You use the existing bridge. Can you control your heating from the app? Have you checked your wiring for the wireless receiver and made sure that it’s paired with the bridge?
  • Melvyn
    Options

The App has controlled all the radiators for nearly 2 years, I am just adding the wireless smart thermostat. Double checked wiring for our specific combo boiler. I paired the wireless thermostat to the existing bridge OK. Is there a specific sequence to pair the receiver as the instructions are a bit vague. The installer was here 4 hours and couldn't make it work, he is going to get another kit and start again as he feels the unit is faulty

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Put the receiver in pairing mode, put the bridge in pairing mode. That’s it. If the bridge is a long way away or there are thick walls in between it might not pair.
  • Melvyn
    Options

Stupid question, how do you independantly put the receiver in pairing mode? Should I move the internet bridge closer to the boiler, it is on the floor beneath.