Heating still on when all TRVs off

Options

Hi. Tado support recently updated my config so all TRVs have the extension kit as a zone controller. This was in response to a situation when a call to heat for one bedroom radiator would result in a lounge radiator also heating. I was told it was because the bedroom radiator had the wrong zone controller, which was a wireless thermostat. The wireless thermostat is also in the lounge.

Ever since the boiler heating has been running continuously. No heat is going to any radiators (unless requested) so just two towel rails are heating up.

Tado say it is not their system. I was told to remove the cover to the extension kit and the heating should turn off - it did not, hence them saying it is not their issue.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a wiring issue.
  • David_Poole
    Options

Are you able to elaborate any further?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not without seeing any photos or wiring diagrams. If Tado’s saying it’s not their device I can’t think what else it would be.
  • David_Poole
    Options

Thanks very much for your help here. That sounds logical. Only doubt in my mind is it has worked as expected previously.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't suppose you have a device (eg wireless temp. sensor) calling for heat in a room which is unheated?

• David_Poole
    Options

No. Only devices are the wireless smart thermostat, extension kit and various TRV. Thanks for your help.