Switching relays

Options
Hi with the WiFi room stats how do you get the relays to work, neither of the no or nc work and can’t find any info on it
Thanks

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Tado doesn't use wifi..........

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you explain the problem in a bit more detail, do you mean the TRVs or the Wireless Temperature Sensor ?

• Mikeprice
    Options
    The wireless room stats, it’s for a friend of mine!
    He’s bought all the trv’s and has 4 zone under floor heating, obviously been tucked up by someone.
    They installed the initial stat etc and then added the 4 other wireless stats, they obviously will not work so my thought is to use them cabled.
    So if I put a meter across the contacts nothing happens, just trying to make the best of a bad job
    Sorry didn’t explain well
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

If you've not seen them already you might want to look at these documents as a starting point:

https://www.tado.com/all-en/professional-manuals

• davidlyall
    Options

Unfortunately, the wireless room thermostats do not have the capability to accept heating system wiring

I can understand how it can be confusing but essentially, all Tado products communicate wirelessly (using 868MHz 6LoWPAN rather than WiFi). However, Tado sell two different smart thermostats - wired and wireless. The difference refers to their ability to manage switching. The wired thermostat has the capabilities built-in to switch between the NO and NC terminals or control the heating with Opentherm. The wireless thermostat is essentially just a measuring device that relies on another zone controller (wired thermostat or extension kit) to do the switching

Your friend will need a way to actually provide power to the valves that control the UFH. This might be with wired thermostats in the rooms if the wiring is there already