Would you use a Hot Water Boost button, which would switch your hot water on for say 30 or 60 mins?

Options

There is no option in the Tado app AT ALL to switch your hot water (only) on for a predetermined time - e.g. 30 or 60 mins. SO many times I've needed extra hot water, outside of the my usual / programmed schedule and at irregular / varying times of day, so I've put the hot water on manually and then forgotten and it's been on for HOURS wasting energy and making it too hot. This seems like the easiest thing in the World for Tado's app developer to add, yet here we are in 2024, with no such option! Your vote is welcome!

Would you use a Hot Water Boost button, which would switch your hot water on for say 30 or 60 mins? 8 votes

Yes
75%
AndrewMhugbillycuke2upqlrxWayneAustin7Jg123 6 votes
No
25%
GrayDav4276wateroakley 2 votes

Comments

• WayneAustin7
    Options
    Yes

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

I think this might be better posted on the "suggestions" section of the forum.

I agree it would be a useful addition to the app. but you do have an option to set a boost run time if you call for hot water on the wireless temp. sensor:

Settings> Rooms and Devices> Hot Water> Manual Control on tadoº Device>

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    No
    The reason why I wouldn't want this is because I use an Alexa voice routine to increase my hot water temperature.....the routine then switches back to the schedule.
    I actually use 2 different routines.....I is set as "Alexa....Bath Time ".....this also controls the coloured LED lights in my bathroom.....pampered or what ??
  • cuke2u
    cuke2u ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options
    Yes

I would like to have a hot water boost button on the receiver, not on any thermostat, that boosted the hot water for 1-2 hours, only applicable with hot water tanks, like the Wiser system has separate ones for both CH and HW.

• wateroakley
    Options
    No

The functionality is present in the app to turn on the hot water for a preset period. The water temperature in the hot water tank should be controlled by a thermostat.