I'm having problems with my newly fitted wired thermostat.

Options

I have just updated my central heating system with Tado room thermostats and I’m having a problem. My central heating system consists of:

Worcester Bosch Greenstar i System Compact ErP boiler

Horstmann Channnel Plus Model H37 3 channel programmer

3 Motorised valves

2 Wired room thermostats

Hot water cylinder thermostat

The heating system is split into three zones:

Hot water on once a day

Downstairs heating on once a day from morning to early evening

Upstairs heating on once from early evening until bed time.

This all worked fine until fitting the new Tado thermostats.

I have left the Horstmann  programmer  in place and set the three channels to permanently on and now installed your wireless v3+ thermostat to the downstairs heating and hot water, this seems to be working as it should. I also purchased and installed a add-on Tado wired thermostat and replaced the wired upstairs thermostat.

The upstairs Tado is not doing what it should. Initially the upstairs stat was turning on the downstairs heating when the downstairs schedule was set to off; I managed to rectify this by changing the upstairs stat in the app to “No Zone Controller”.

The upstairs schedule is set to 10deg from midnight to 8pm, 18deg from 8pm to 11pm and 10deg from 11pm to midnight.

During the day this upstairs thermostat turns the heating on and off to maintain the 10deg and the heating comes on at 8pm to increase the room temperature but does not go off and revert to the overnight set temperature of 10deg at 11pm. The phone app tells me that the set temperature is 10deg but when I check the thermostat it shows a set temperature of 18deg. If I turn the zone off in the app it stops the boiler and when I resume the schedule the thermostat has altered to the overnight temperature of 10deg.

I decided to alter the upstairs schedule by putting in more time blocks and temperatures to see what effect that would have and the thermostat seemed to work ok until the next to last block of the day when it did not turn the heating on, the app said it had increased the temperature but the thermostat was showing the set temperature lower, I manually turned off the zone with the app and then returned to the schedule and the temperature increased and the heating came on, but unfortunately when the time came for the temperature to go down nothing happened, the app said it had gone down but the thermostat was still showing the higher temperature and I had to turn it off and on again with the app for it to work.

My conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with the wiring because manually switching using the app makes it work. I cannot trust this device to do what it should and can only think that it is either faulty or is not talking to the app in some way. The thermostat is obviously connected to my phone and therefore the app, but isn’t always doing what the app is telling it to do automatically.

I would appreciate your advice, it maybe something I have omitted to do perhaps.

Thanks for reading.

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Marshall1943,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!