Removing Honeywell Thermostat now no heating

Options
Hi. Is have been using Tado for quite a few years now with the usual set up. Yesterday we had a radiator removed and whilst this was happening the engineer offered to also remove the old Honeywell wall thermostat. I agreed but now we have no heating and recall that the thermostat was rewired so that we could use the Tado thermostat and the Hot Water control. The wall is being replastered. Is there any way I can get round this without putting the Honeywell back on the wall? Can I connect the wires in the same way but nearer the Hot Water Control?

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

Best bet is to get the engineeer back, as he will know what was done with the wiring. Hopefully, he terminated them safely. Assuming that your old thermostat was bridged (wires linked together) to 'call for heat', you'll probably need to go into the wiring centre to reconnect the thermostat wires inside there.

• MartyB
    Options
    Hi thanks for this. I tried to wire in Tado wireless Thermostat but no matter what wiring config I tried, the fuse blew at the boiler. So I wired the old Honeywell back and now have heating. But I would like to replace it with the Tado smart Thermostat but Tado support don’t appear to understand the situation. Very frustrating as I’m stuck with the Honeywell on my wall.
  • wateroakley
    Options

This sounds like a wiring issue that needs a professional familiar with your setup to work out.