Extend Ethernet cable from bridge to router?

Options
I keep losing the bridge connection and tado have advised to extend cables to router so the bridge is further away from the router . Anyone tried this ? And what type of cables needed . There seem to be different types of Ethernet cables . Maybe it doesn’t matter?

Best Answer

Answers

• Johnandreae
    Options
    Thanks for that
    John
  • wateroakley
    Options

Our rellie uses a TP-Link wireless extender with an ethernet port and separate power block.

• grahamwalker
    Options
    Can I ask John where you got your larger cables from?
    I’m not exactly sure what I need and where to get them from🤦‍♂️
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Ebay, Amazon, PC World . . .

• Capers
    Options

I use a standard Ethernet cable, but it's plugged into an internet switch with PoE (Power over Ethernet) - a Netgear GS108PE which supplies power to the device, then at the bridge end, a cheap PoE Splitter (5V Anvision from Amazon) which extracts the power into a separate cable to fit into the bridge power socket.

That way I don't need the bridge near a power socket.

• AngiesIans
    Options

I had the same problem .My router is right next to the bridge inside a wardrobe .I thought this might be a problem but the internet is really good throughout the bungalow so I left the router and bridge in the wardrobe.I replaced the supplied Ethernet cable ( not sure what cat this is ) with a CAT 7 ugreen on Amazon this has sorted the problem for the last 8 months 100 % not once have I lost connection.If you have a busy router this should sort it .Cat 7 is shielded stops interference from other devices .