How much energy consumed when tado preset temp < room temp?

Options
Hello I'd like to understand energy consumption when the preset tado thermostat temperature is below the recorded room temperature. I may have incorrectly assumed if thermostat temp < actual room temp then that means no energy is expended? Many thanks

Best Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the room temp is stable then there should be no consumption.

If the temperature is dropping then tado may call for heat even though the temp is still above the set point. This is to arrest the drop to stop the room going to get before the set point
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 24 Answer ✓
    Options

Question 1 - no difference cos no energy used in either

Question 2 - see question 1.

Point 1 - if the target were in the low 20s, at some stage tado might/would show an interest - depends what mood he's (she's?) in!!

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

You mention 'recorded' temp and later 'actual' temp. The following is based upon those being the same thing. The TRV 'Target' temperature which you set can and often is exceeded by tado system in order to maintain a value around the target. Is that what you meant?

• HappyDaddy
    Options

Thank you both for your responses.

Sorry in my original comment above, recorded = actual (or whatever the thermostat is telling me the room temp actually is)

Right now it's sunny, and I have tado (target) set in some sun-lit rooms to 16C, but the actual temp reading is 23C, so I'm wondering whether I'm saving any energy by bringing the tado setting down to 10C for a few hours. I suspect not, but thought it worth checking all the same.

For actual = 23C, would there be any difference in energy consumption if target =16C vs target = 10C for example?

• davidlyall
    Options

In your example, no difference in energy usage as it would be zero anyway when there's such a big difference between actual and target