Controlling two heating zones

Options

I have an IDEAL combi boiler which provides automatic hot water. The heating is controlled by a Climote programmer which is wired to the boiler. The heating is in 2 zones, upstairs and downstairs and can be controleld by the Climote app. I want to upgrade to Tado so I can use it with Siri and Homekit and have more flexibilty with controlling individual rooms/radiators.

I replaced all my thermost valves with smart Tado valves and can now contol the radiators invdividually through the app if the heating is already on (through climote).

I want to replace the Climote programmer with a Tado system and thought the wireless receiver/extender would work but Tado have imformed me that "tado° is not compatible with my heating system at the moment. The Smart Thermostat can't replace your programmer and the tado° Wireless Receiver can only control a single heating zone and not two".

Can anyone advise if they have been in a similar situation and found a work around. Photos of my set up attached. Thanks.

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m sure it can be done with a bit of a rewire. I take it the programmer doesn’t have any involvement with the hot water as you say your boiler is a combi. The usual arrangement for two zones seems to be a wired thermostat upstairs and wireless + receiver down. I’m Y plan so have no direct experience of this arrangement but many posters here do.