heating on all the time

Options
masca19
masca19
edited January 25 in General Questions & Topics
sometimes i need to give knock the wireless receiver for relay to work heating off in my case .i m not the only one with this problem ...i m setting the house with 19 degrees and the heating stays on until i knock the receiver .tado keeps asking me about connections .all was ok with a different manufacture apart from their rubbish cloud and i m an electrician .it s a faulty unit but don t know what to do and it s a 3 months old just

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Ask whoever you bought it from to replace it. I imagine it may not be possible for tado to see if the relay has actually operated just that there's been a call for heat . . .

• SHARKMAN
    Options
    I’m having the same problem!
  • masca19
    Options
    1.02.24 app on 18 degrees inside the house 21 degrees keeps heating .went to the receiver hit it very hard and relay goes off .Faulty stuff go for NEST
  • Vamsiac
    Options
    Same problem here. Set to 18 but continuously heating upto 21. Crazy hot it is
  • wateroakley
    Options

If you need to whack the receiver box to reset the microswitch relay, best to go back to your supplier and request a replacement.

Relay ON/OFF power switches are notoriously unreliable. Most heating controls are rated at 3A, but don't know what reactive or resistive load, or inrush current, will be applied from a boiler pump or zone valve. For reliability, it's always best to select a device that is suitably 'over-rated' for your application.