Valve opens but not signalling the boiler for heat.

Options

I am asking the question here as tado support have not answered or acknowledge my support request after 5 days.

Last Sunday night my system of 2+ years was working fine. Monday night I increase the temperature required for the Living Room. I hear the valve open up and it displays the temperature I have requested. After 10 minutes I realise that no hot water was circulating through the system (The living room is the only room requesting heat). I replaced the valve with a spare valve but still no heat.

As the heating has been working throughout the day I increase the required temperature in a room we have been using in the day. After a couple of minutes, I can feel hot wate circulating through the living room radiator. When I switch off the other room the hot water stops even though the requested living room temperature has not been achieved.

I then realised that the room that we use each day may be masking other valve that are not working. I have identified 2 others valve. I can confirm that at least one of these valves was working earlier this month. There may be more, but it is too cold and energy prices are too expensive at the moment to experiment too much.

I have had issues with a couple of valves in the last couple of months, a valve recently started recording the temperature 10 degree higher than it actually was.

I am unsure whether this is a hardware fault or a software fault. Could a recent firmware update be the cause of the problem or is it just bad luck?

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Has the TRV been switched to "independent," i.e. no zone controller?