Installation issues; complex setup?

Options

Hello everyone,

New to the tado world and I am having difficulties installing the tado wireless receiver, specifically. I am hoping someone may be able to assist.

All three main devices (bridge, wireless receiver, and wireless temperature sensor) are paired and connected with one another successfully and showing in the app. However, when I request central hearing (25 degrees) from the app or temperature sensor, it does not activate the boiler/heating.

I wonder if I might have a slightly more complex setup that the in-app instructions I followed don’t cater for.

Existing (inherited) setup:

Main Eco Elite Combi boiler >

Honeywell 42002116-001 (?junction box) >

The cable coming out the left of the box goes to the boiler.

Drayton Lifestyle LP711 digital timeswitch >

Honeywell Home T6360B1028 room programmer

At the start of installation, I followed the in-app instructions to install the tado replacing the Drayton Lifestyle LP711. However, as mentioned above, when I increase the temperature on tado, the heating does not turn on.

My feeling is that the Honeywell 42002116-001 (?junction box) is preventing connection between tado and the boiler but I don’t have enough (any) experience to troubleshoot this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

What is connected to CH Com in the Wireless Receiver, it should be a live so that when the relay operates the NO directs power to the boiler . . .

• ACElexus
    ACElexus
    edited January 27
    Options

Hi hugbilly,

Thank you for your post.

I've taken another photo as the one above doesn't easily show the difference between black and gray cables. In answer to your question, one black cable is wired in to CH Com on the tado wireless receiver. Should I use a link cable on the wireless receiver between L and CH Com?

One thing I neglected to mention in my first post was that I have disconnected the Honeywell T6360B1028 thermostat, securing the wires with wagos.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it might be helpful to draw out your circuit so you can work out what’s really going on. I found that the best way for my own install. Having a multimeter also makes life easier. I take it you’ve looked at this:

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf