2nd bridge as range extender

Options
Hi all.
I have a large house but like others I have found that the devices on the other end of the house are out of range of the tado Bridge.
I do have a wired network throughout the building.
Does anyone know if I can add a second tado bridge to the app. I was thinking I could plug that into my wired Network on the end of the house that's not reached by the first tado Bridge. Then all the devices connected to the second bridge could still use the same zone controller to control my combi boiler. Would that work?

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Would be great if you could, but sadly the tadoº system will only work with a single bridge. As you may see from other posts there have been many, many appeals for tadoº to provide a range extender but so far this has not happened . . .

• macaaw
    macaaw
    edited January 28
    Options

I have the same problem. It makes Tado very unreliable and the whole system useless. It is something they need to solve urgently. I have experimented positioning the bridge in different locations, even moving it a small amount has a big impact. But it appears that you have to work out which rooms you want it to work well in and which ones you need to just have random, intermittent, unreliable heat in.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

It would appear (with reference to previous comments from tadoº) that the numbers of users suffering range problems is fairly small. I find this hard to believe but i wonder whether it reflects the way many houses are constructed in Germany . . .

• cuke2u
    Options

All Tado need to do is produce a SRV range extender, such as Wiser do with their smart plugs.

Problem then would be resolved and their customers far more contented and less complaining...

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes indeed, but I was surprised to discover that Honeywell doesn’t offer one as part of the Evohome system either and there can be range issues with what the company calls “binding,” “pairing” in tado° speak . . .