Heating on when it shouldn’t

Options
Hi. Can anybody help, came home to boiling house even though thermostat was off on my wireless set up. Wi-fi and heating symbol was flashing slowly, switch main switch off and on works now ok. Worrying if you’re away for a week !! Thanks

Answers

• Csabah
    Options
    I had the same issue today roughly around the same time as you. But I was thinking something wrong in my house. Now is clear it was a system issue. I still only able to control my heating manually. All my devices offline. My receiver blinking slowly like yours...
  • Grampsbob
    Options
    Really quite worrying.Mines fine after reset but really considering sending it back !!!
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

That symptom is generally because the Wireless Receiver has lost contact with the Bridge. tadoº would almost certainly ask whether you can bring the two closer together to improve the signal path, but that's often not easy . . .

• Grampsbob
    Options
    Thanks. Not happy with it !!!!
  • Csabah
    Options
    24 hours mine still not fixed... if I move all my valves bridge and receiver in to one room it works fine. But as soon I move any device back in to they're room they stop working... all was working fine for a week before since installing it. Clearly signal issue but why? Nothing changed in my house. Only my trial period ended and I subscribed for a year... now I think it was a mistake... I love the system, but is so unreliable, I'm thinking about to return the whole system and looking for trying a zigbee maybe? Any suggestions?
  • Grampsbob
    Options
    I’m sending back and looking at Hive !!!
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Grampsbob, return the tado° Kit by all means, but I urge you not to consider Hive. The TRVs are absolutely hopeless and the Heat On Demand (call for heat in tado° speak) doesn’t work. I speak from personal experience, have a look at the Hive forum. If I had my time again I would choose the Wiser system . . .
  • Csabah
    Options
    Guys my system is up and running thanks to customer support team. Was a bit slow on response, but finally they changed frequency on my system and now I have instant response on all my devices. I was thinking to return my system but now all working as it should, I'm in love again with my tado. My advice if anyone has slow response on any devices, contact support... now I can tell when the system runs smoothly. Change on your devices should be almost instant, depending on your network speed. I have 1 or 2 second maximum between clicking my phone and display on the valve. Before I had 5 or 10 seconds or even more. So if your system runs slow, don't wait until loose connection... speak to support.