Latest wireless receiver firmware

Options

Hi all, i recently discovered that my wireless receiver been updated to a new firmware,192.1. Hand on heart,the Tado is a bit more responsive and do less cycling on my boiler, maibe is just placebo in my mind or maibe the latest firmware has improved the way Tado is thinking. I have a Viessmann 100 35kw,2019 model,not the best on modulation(only 1:6) but fairly good as a product in terms of reliability. The latest firmware seems to improve the way Tado is working,have to mention i use digital opentherm,heating set at max 70°C via Tado Pro app,early start on and working well,never start my boiler earlier then 15/20 min before scheduled time depending how cold is outside. Did you observed lately that Tado has improved cause of this firmware 192.1 or not? Do you know what was about this latest firmware? Thank you!

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

That's very interesting, my Wireless Receiver in on version 94.1, I wonder how many other systems now have 192.1, perhaps other forum members would like to comment.

• BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

My devices firmware:

Wireless Temperature Sensor- 90.1 firmware

Wireless Receiver- 192.1 firmware

Internet Bridge- 92.1 firmware.

I am not using radiator thermostats due to negative reviews and problems with connectivity. At one point was ready to buy the radiator thermostats but following the Heat Geek advice to ,,not to zone" i am still with the dumb radiator thermostats and i think is fine by now,i wait for the next new release from Tado if any new product will be released in the following years. Hope for better!

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    192.1........................ ??
  • cuke2u
    Options

Firmware: 94.1 on mine...

• BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 yes,no joke!

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    WOW.......that's weird
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

When I enquired of tadoº support I had a rather enigmatic answer:

"Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to speculate on that. 

New firmware, if available should normally be updated automatically.

If you have any more questions feel free to send us a message."

So I've followed up by asking whether 94.1 remains the correct current version for my particular wireless receiver. I know the older TRVs are unable to run anything beyond 54.2 whilst the later models are on 95.1 so perhaps there's been a similar updating of the Wireless receiver hardware . . .

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Interesting...........
  • BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 maibe this firmware is for the EU model,i am using the WR with opentherm connection. Possibly this firmware is not available for the relay on/off WR,i guess the support team from Tado can tell more about this. Reason i've start this conversation is to find out more opinions regarding this firmware from those who observed any improvement or not of Tado gear after the update.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, of course, should have asked you about that in the first place! I wonder whether the EU version of the receiver has had more firmware updates as a consequence of its OpenTherm capability?

• BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

@hugbilly before that my WR was 102.4 firmware,few days ago i have seen the latest update. Again,maibe the support will clarify more about this firmware versions.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Options
    @BOG73
    I actually have the original Ext Kit (for the O/T capability)
    My FW is 99.1
  • BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 probably your WR will get the update if is the one wit Opentherm capacity. Let us know if you notice any improvement soon as you get the firmware.

In my case i have observed that after the recent update the Early start works better in term of learning how quick the enviroment heat up( not exactly at set point but better then before) and is starting now with 10 min to 20 min before the scheduled time.

My schedule is more or less 2hr 30 min to 3 hr off and 30 min on (with early start goes to 1 hr max time the boiler to be fired). I have about 8 cicles of the boiler to be fired in 24h. Also ,each scheduled on time is split in two with 15 min at a lower set point(20.5°C) and last 15/20 min i set to 20.9,and the boiler do less cycling and warm the radiators a bit more for the last part. Then 3 hr roughly is off.

Heat loss in 3 hr off time us about 1°C bellow the set point(20.5 °C) at the beginning of any scheduled on time.

Where i live we had -10°C at night and 3/4 °C at day for weeks,now better 20°C for the last 2 days,but won't last i guess.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

tadoº support has confirmed that 94.1 is the latest firmware for the Wireless Receiver with hot water control . . .

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    @BOG73
    Just a thought, are you a Beta App user ??🤔
  • Sguk
    Options
    I have 81:1 on the opentherm wireless receiver and it says “up to date” in the pro app.
  • BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 yes,i am a Beta App user.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    That might be why you have a different FW applied.......