Installation help!

Options
Hi everyone!

Have the same conundrum as some of the other users here but having gone through the answers, still unclear about how to proceed.
I have purchased a Bellway new build and have Ideal Logic H2 H15 Combi boiler with two zones heating (wired thermostats for downstairs and upstairs) and hotwater. The programmer is TQX0027.

Wiring on the Therma programmer is as follows:

- Blue wire to N
- Brown live wire to L
- Brown wire to 3
- Grey wire to 4 (brown sheath)
- Black wire to 6 (brown sheath)

Can someone please guide me how to wire that to the wireless programmer with hot water control? (TadoV3+ starter kit including programmer with hot water control)

Many thanks!

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Tado wold normally give you detailed wiring instructions when you start the install.

Assuming this is a rebranded ES3247? The programmer is a 3 channels, 2x CH and 1x HW. https://support.esicontrols.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/es3247b-installation-instructions-web.pdf

'Normally' you'd use a wireless starter kit for 1x CH and 1x HW and an add-on wired thermostat as your second CH thermostat (zone controller).

Alternatively, you could use just the wireless starter kit to connect both CH zones. This would turn on both CH zone valves simultenously and you use the Tado TRVs to give control of the temperature in each room. ES3247 to TADO wireless receiver: L to L. N to N. Brown 3 (HW ON) to HW NO. Grey(brown) 4 to CH NO. Black(brown) 6 to CH NO. Two new Tado links: L to CH COM to HW COM. You'll have to bridge the wiring on your (wired?) room stats to 'call for heat'.

Answers

• UA220
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.
    I have ordered a wired thermostat as well for upstairs.
    Your explanation is veey helpful, thank you again.

For the two new Tado links, do I use the cable provided in the box?
    (Sorry, very basic experience of this)

- I have the same issue as most people with this system. The website states it's compatible but when about to install via the app, it shows not compatible and thus can't get instructions.
  • wateroakley
    Options

Yes. The starter kit has the links you need and Wago connectors to bridge (link) the two wires in your old downstairs thermostat. To get a live feed For the upstairs thermostat, you'll probably need to put the Black(brown) 6 wire (or Grey(brown) 4) to L (or HW COM) for the new wired thermostat.

There are so many wired and wireless heating product permutations. It's usually best to use first principles for wiring a heating system as S-Plan Y-Plan etc etc. Then you get the opentherm type boilers and they're new world for me.

• UA220
    Options
    @wateroakley Thanks again for the detailed explanation.
    I have now wired the receiver as instructed and bridged the thermostat.

The system seems to be calling the heating on but can't see any controls for Hot water.
    The configuration light is Yellow, and pressing the hot water test button brings the CH on apparently.
    What are your thoughts on that please?

Many thanks again.
    Very happy that have managed to get this far with your support.
  • wateroakley
    Options

This sounds like a wiring issue and/or Tado wireless receiver configuration issue. Sorry, don’t have any more time tonight. Best to post pictures of your ‘old’ and ‘new’, including the wiring

• UA220
    Options
    No problem!
    Thank you again for your help so far.
    I will post the pictures here (for review later whenever you have some time)
    Thanks!
  • UA220
    Options
    UPDATE -

Using this guide,

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/fn5jmx6wp7tk6t3rmzb79mw7/Extension_Kit_Manual_-_230V_Relay_Installations.pdf

I configured the Hot water settings via the Wireless thermostat, and now I can see the HW option in the app and seems to be working.
  • wateroakley
    Options

@UA220 Yay! Sounds like it’s working for you.

• UA220
    Options
    @wateroakley Yay indeed!
    So far, so good.
    Waiting for the wired thermostat to be delivered now, to connect upstairs.

You touched on wiring that above.
    "For the upstairs thermostat, you'll probably need to put the Black(brown) 6 wire (or Grey(brown) 4) to L (or HW COM) for the new wired thermostat"
    That's it for wiring the new one?

Thanks again for your help!
  • UA220
    Options
    @wateroakley

Please could you have a quick look at the bridging picture attached above to advise me whether that's Okay for the second thermostat upstairs as well.

The wired thermostat has been delayed ans want to bridge the one upstairs too.
    Thanks!