Tado not working 100%

Options
Hi
We have a tado V3+ that it not working, about twice a week, although the app shows the heating should be on (always in a morning) it's not coming on, it only works when I select the boost option. Any ideas would be welcome.

Answers

• royi
    royi ✭✭
    Options

Could you provide more details about your boiler and setup - include pictures before and after installation.

• Sue9652
    Options
    I should add the Tado has been working fine for just over 2 years. We have a Baxi boiler, the fault happens on random days. Do you still require pictures?
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

@Sue9652 Sue, too little info to do more than give a generic troubleshooting answer: Is the boiler a combi or ?. Is it plumbed to S-plan or Y-plan zone valve?. A Tado wireless receiver? Or a Tado wired thermostat?

possibilities include: a) losing (wireless) connection to the zone controller; b) losing internet connection; c) faulty/sticky zone valve; d) low battery; E) router reset remotely (that’s an ISP management feature).

Best to provide your full setup and what is happening? Boiler, valves, Tado, internet router/ISP?

When this happens, what is visible, if anything? Lights OFF or ON, eg the wireless receiver or internet router? Pictures are helpful.

• Sue9652
    Options
    Apologies for the delayed response, I've been obtaining the information needed.
    The boiler is a combi and because of this it isn't plumbed to either s-plan or y-plan zone valves. The tado is v3 and the thermostat is hard wired. The Isp is virgin media, the tado is plugged I to the back of the router. The tado app shows green when scheduled to be on but the flames dont show. What pictures are needed? The smart thermostat, or the terminal connections? I have ask our central heating engineer for help, but his expertise is with Hive smart thermostats