Wired Smart Thermostat not working

Options

I bought and installed Tado Starter Kit with Wireless Smart Thermostat to replace Danfoss TPOne-M controller for main central heating and hot water. That works fine but I also bought and installed a Tado Wired Smart Thermostat to replace a Danfoss TPOne-B which controls the heating only in our main bedroom.

Unfortunately this add on thermostat doesn’t control the heating at all when I wired it up as per the instructions the heating in the bedroom just doesn’t come on at all, either to a schedule or manually.

Tado support haven’t been able to help at all!

Hope someone here can advise me how I can resolve this please

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

Your Danfoss to Tado setup wiring looks ok. Is the brown wire fully connected in the COM connector? Otherwise, is the battery in the Tado stat ok and connected properly? To check the boiler fires, you could join the wires on COM and NO?

• Exmib2001
    Exmib2001
    edited February 16
    Options

Thanks yes the brown wire was fully pushed in before I closed it up. I tried connecting both COM and NO as advised by support and the boiler came on and stayed on and all heating was on including the bedroom but I could not switch it off so then put the wires back as they should be. The batteries are new and the app shows full battery

• Exmib2001
    Options

Sorry yes it does have batteries but they are brand new and the app shows full battery

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I would have thought the easy thing would be to disconnect the new thermostat and operate it with a meter across the terminals to see if it's operating . . .