Tado - Not impressed

Options

So got a new Tado system installed yesterday. Not impressed.

1x wall mounted smart thermostat (upstairs zone) - replaced old danfoss thermostat

1x wall mounted wireless temperature sensor (downstairs zone) - replaced old danfoss thermostat

1x Wireless receiver to replace old danfoss unit

1x Internet Bridge (wired directly into broadband router)

If we turn the downstairs zone on to heat downstairs for an hour it comes on, but stays on and even though we turn it OFF in the app the heating is still on downstairs.

If we turn the heating on for an hour upstairs, the heating doesn't come on. Says it's on in the app and is heating upstairs to xx degrees. Yet radiators upstairs are stone cold.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to read / download an up-to-date user guide which explains all the app features, the screen icons, the icons on the thermostats what they mean, the differences in the icons etc. Tado's tagline of 'So Smart, So Easy' is as far from the truth as I can see, at the minute!

I don't know the manufacturer of our boiler, but it's an oil fired one with a Reilo burner. Hot water is mainly provided by solar panels through an inverter, but can be topped up through our old Danfoss unit (and now through the Tado app) by hitting the +1hr / boost button - so this bit seems to be working.

Really frustrated as we got this thinking it be so much easier to set heating through the app, when away from house, to quickly turn on the heating in the various zones of the house without having to heat the whole house. But I have to say its really not living up to how simple its meant to be!

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    When you turn the downstairs zone and off what do the lamps on the wireless receiver indicate is happening? What is your system, Y plan, S plan, Combi ? You can contact tado° support at operator@tado-844a35e31252.intercom-mail.com and the wiring diagrams are here https://www.tado.com/all-en/professional-manuals
  • jeremypurdy
    Options
    I have no idea what a Y plan, S plan or Combi is. It’s an oil fired boiler in our garage.
  • jeremypurdy
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the manual. The system is already installed. I’m looking user manuals for the wall mounted thermostats, the app. How to is those and set them up.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I imagine it’s most likely there is a wiring issue, if someone installed the system for you perhaps you should get them back . . .