Wired tado thermostat not controlling boiler

Options
Hello.
I have an ariston one 30 combi boiler.
I have installed the wired thermostat and bridge and all is connected on the app.
When I connect the thermostat via the + and - terminals the boiler still can only be controlled by the on/off timer next to the boiler. Hot water works as normal when the taps turn on.
When I connect it via the NO and COM terminal the boiler won't fire up at all even when turning the manual timer on. Hot water still works as normal when taps are turned on.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I have spent time and money on this v3 tado kit but I am still resorted to turning the heating on/off at the timer switch.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• soha87
    Options
    Edit: the previous thermostat worked no problems
  • davidlyall
    Options

Was your previous thermostat using a relay or digital connection? What was the model?

• soha87
    Options
    I'm not sure.
    Based on another post I took the two wires out that connect to the thermostat and I touched them together and the boiler started.

I have tried all sorts of connections, both relay and the digital connection with the correct settings according to the manual.
  • soha87
    Options
    What settings or programme should I be on when the thermostat is wired up for relay etc?

I have an ariston one 30 gas boiler.
    I think the programne is D57 for digital set up.