Have 2 combi boilers both with wired stats. Do I just add the 2nd wired stat as device in app?

Options

Have installed a wired stat from combi boiler and rad stats on the ground floor. Have I made a mistake in buying a second starter kit as I assume if I add the stat as a device I wouldn't need the bridge. Do I pair the rad stats to the wired stat. I'm getting confused? Help

Answers

• d4ewe
    Options

im only guessing here as my system is on a conventional setup, not combi boiler. but i have toyed with the system and setup a wired stat separately to run an electric radiator.

to do that i had to remove it from the zone controller, in my case that's the extension kit that also controls the hot water.

in your situation whereby the states are both wired, they are both in essence zone controllers.

what i expect you will need to do is within the "rooms" change the zone controller to whatever stat is connected to that specific boiler, your radiator stats will also be within each room?

depending on where the stats are located you will need to choose the measuring device for each room, whether thats the wired stat or one of the rad valves.

sorry i can explain it any easier.