TADO doesn't recognise Y plan even when set correctly

Options
B1SGH
B1SGH

I've wired my TADO as Y plan, but hot water does not heat. I've confirmed setting is for S & Y plan (green led), but hot water does not activate boiler even on overrider and mid position valve stays open for central heating unless you turn the system off completely. Also, cylinder stat set for call heat. Please help?

Comments

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like you have a wiring fault. Can you share pictures of wiring before and after Tado install?

Can you also confirm that was working 100% before Tado was installed as the 3 port valves seem to be less reliable than two port valves used in S plan

• B1SGH
    Options

Agree, it does sound like a wiring fault, but been through it a number of times. I'm sure it was all working, but often leave the immersion on (a short one) in the summer as I live alone and don't want to heat a full tank. When I push the hot water override no light comes on. Would this indicate faulty 3 way or wiring fault?

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Do the wireless receiver HW and CH LEDs / relays respond to commands sent by the app?

I'm sure you've seen it, but just in case not, the Y plan wiring diagram is here:

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf

• B1SGH
    Options

I have 1,2 and 3, for thermastat, whats that for 1,2 and C

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    See if you can find the wiring diagram for the old stat