Tado Bathroom Control - How to?

Options

Hello,

We are remodelling our bathroom and would like Tado control over our electric under floor heating, dual fuel towel radiator and electric towel radiator. What's the best method?

Under floor - I believe there is a Tado kit for this, but does it work with electric heating?

Dual Fuel Towel Radiator - I believe I could add a TCV here, but should I? Maybe not as it makes sense to warm this radiator whenever the heating it on to dry the towels

Electric Towel Radiator - I would like to control this via Tado, can it be connected to a Tado thermostat?

Thanks,

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

You cannot directly switch resistive heating appliances (electric underfloor heating / electric towel rail) with a tadoº thermostat or wireless receiver as the maximum current they can handle is 3 Amps.

I guess you could use the tadoº device to switch a relay which was capable of managing a heavier current . . .

• policywonk
    Options
    I agree. You'll need an electrician to set up a small box that handles the power feed to those devices, and which uses the wired tado stat as the switch for the relay. The relay then switches on the rest.