Help with removing old wired thermostat

Options
Hi All

I have just installed Tado with a wireless thermostat which is replacing my old wired Honeywell thermostat.

I have followed the instructions perfectly but yet I don’t seem to have any heating. The hot water works.

The question I have is that when I decommissioned the old wired thermostat, I have not done anything with the two wires that were at the back of that which I assume connected directly to my Vaillant boiler. I have simply disconnected them and covered the ends up.

Could this be why the hot water demand is not triggering the boiler to fire up and send heating around the house? If so, where should these wires be placed?

I can’t seem to upload a photo from my mobile but there is was a brown cable in port A and a grey cable in port B.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Answers

• policywonk
    Options
    How is the Tado system physically wired into the boiler? Do you have an extension kit wired in, with the tado wireless thermostat mated to it?
    If so, there is a CH override button on the extension kit. If you press it, does it run the boiler within a minute, or does nothing happen? If the latter, your wiring to the boiler needs a rethink. If the forner that suggests that the thermostat isn't telling the extension box to turn on the boiler.